Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Change Wings

I wanted to redeem my birthday from those shitty wings I had to start off my birthday with and make some awesome ones.  I was inspired by the night tat made a good wing to bring thigns back full circle from my totally awesome birthday experience partying with Robert Delong. I know insane that I got to party with one of my favorite artists for my birthday   Robbie ordered the wings at the bar and favorite liquor being Jameson,  I decided to bring things full circle here with named for one of my favorite tracks on the album here are Change wings. For more on my birthday go here.


Change Wings


For the wings:
Up to 5 lb chicken wings (For vegan varation use Gardien Wings)
¼ Cup flour
¼ Cup fine Corn Meal
Salt and Pepper to taste
Oil For Frying
1 Tablespoon dried Thyme

For the Sauce
½ Cup Jameson Irish Whiskey
1 Cup Butter (For a vegan variation use Earth Balance Butter Sub)
1 Cup Hot Sauce (I use Frank’s For This)
3 Cloves Chopped Garlic
2 Tablespoons Siraccha (Ease back if you don’t like wings pretty spicy)

To Cook the wings:
Season the wings as desired with salt and pepper.
Mix the flour and cornmeal together and dredge the wings in the mixture
Let the wings rest on a wire rack for about 5 minutes before adding to the oil
Preheat Oil to 350°F.
Fry until fully cooked and golden brown and cooked throughout.
Let wings rest on wire rack to get rid of excess oil  for a minute before saucing.

To Make the Sauce:
In a medium sauce pan, add the Whiskey, garlic.
Cook over medium heat until liquid is reduced in half.
Add Butter and stir until melted
Add hot sauce and stir until incorporated
Mix in the sirracha and toss wings in sauce

For frying I use the T-Fal fryer that has a integrated filter system.  It is a little large, yet convenient.  

No comments:

Post a Comment